- London, England
Head of Master Deployment Scheduling
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
We can be flexible on your location, but there will be some travel required to our offices across the UK.
Our goal at CityFibre is to unlock the digital potential of Britain by creating a broadband network that works seamlessly for everyone, every day. Powerful, gigabit-speed connections that enable people across entire communities to enjoy life in full flow. To do this, we make sure that our people’s voices are heard, their ideas are welcomed, and everyone is given the opportunity to make a real impact.
We encourage change, have a challenger mindset, foster innovation and nurture a welcoming, inclusive and supportive community. In this environment we allow you to bring your best-self to work every day, helping you to achieve your goals, grow your career and reach your full potential.
We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women; are endorsed by WORK180; have pledged our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant; and are a Disability Confident Employer. Working together with our Employee Networks, we’re committed to changing the industry for everyone.
What you can expect from us
Everyone at CityFibre has an important part to play, and we reflect that in our benefits. With a competitive salary depending on experience + a car allowance, when you join us, you’ll also enjoy 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We believe we deliver our best when we work together. It’s the way we do things, trusting and giving our people the autonomy to manage their own day-to-day, promoting wellbeing, whilst still prioritising time together with our colleagues to connect, collaborate and share our ideas.
How you’ll change it up
As our Head of Master Deployment & Scheduling, you’ll play a vital role in the delivery of our company roll out plan through the development and successful execution of schedules and plans. Day to day, this is some of what you can expect to be doing:
- Leading a team responsible for the organisation, coordination and oversight of systems planning and roll-out scheduling for all projects and programmes
- Developing goals, major priorities and strategies to continuously improve our network deployment and customer and transformation programmes
- Developing the resource demand and capacity model
- Developing solutions to challenges arising from constrained or conflicted resource demands
- Preparing schedules, cash flow projects, logistics and phasing plans and miscellaneous graphic materials for any proposed projects and programmes
- Maintaining configuration control of the baseline schedule, supporting the project’s baseline change control process
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll have significant experience in project controls, business management, project management and change management, as well as thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience in direct planning and scheduling functions. You’ll also bring the following with you:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team of varying backgrounds and objectives
- Advanced capability level using scheduling tools such as Primavera (P6), MS Project, etc and experience in its application on complex construction and engineering projects
- Valid UK driving license and access to your own vehicle
We’re looking for people who don’t settle for ‘good enough’ and push things forward. If you’ve just found yourself thinking, ‘I’d love to do this’, we want to hear from you. Let’s change it up.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our people have a wide range of experiences and perspectives – and it’s this diversity of thought that makes us who we are.
CityFibre is working hard to change up the telecoms industry. This means we’re committed to providing equal opportunities to people from all backgrounds and commitments, including your carer and family status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, gender and gender identity. We’re also offering training programmes and placement opportunities to support the skilled, career changers, service-leavers, and returning workers to become part of our teams.
If there’s any additional support or adjustment you require in the application process to help you achieve your best, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com. We’re here to support you in changing up your career.