- Supply Chain
- Milton Keynes, England
Procurement Manager - IT & Engineering
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
Our goal at CityFibre is to unlock the digital potential of Britain by creating a broadband network that works seamlessly for everyone, every day. Powerful, gigabit-speed connections that enable people across entire communities to enjoy life in full flow. To do this, we make sure that our people’s voices are heard, their ideas are welcomed, and everyone is given the opportunity to make a real impact.
We encourage change, have a challenger mindset, foster innovation and nurture a welcoming, inclusive and supportive community. In this environment we allow you to bring your best-self to work every day, helping you to achieve your goals, grow your career and reach your full potential.
We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women; are endorsed by WORK180; have pledged our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant; and are a Disability Confident Employer. Working together with our Employee Networks, we’re committed to changing the industry for everyone.
What you can expect from us
Everyone at CityFibre has an important part to play, and we reflect that in our benefits. With a competitive salary depending on experience + a car allowance, when you join us, you’ll also enjoy 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We believe we deliver our best when we work together. It’s the way we do things, trusting and giving our people the autonomy to manage their own day-to-day, promoting wellbeing, whilst still prioritising time together with our colleagues to connect, collaborate and share our ideas.
How you’ll change it up
You’ll be joining our dynamic Supply Chain function, taking responsibility for the sourcing and contract management of IT systems and engineering technology to support all of CityFibre’s business areas and construction projects. You’ll lead, mentor and inspire a growing team of procurement specialists, driving forward sourcing strategies and establishing management practises across responsible procurement categories. Day to day, this is what you can expect to be doing:
- Developing, managing and owning senior level internal and external stakeholder and supplier relationships
- Leading the development and implementation of procurement IT / Engineering systems, strategy and policies
- Managing departmental data to help form sourcing strategy / initiatives and inform decision making
- Identifying and managing all supply chain risks and proposing solutions
- Driving improved value from incumbent supply chain partners
- Negotiating clear, robust and favourable terms in appropriate contractual and commercial frameworks
- Identifying new suppliers, conducting initial meetings and making selection recommendations
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll have end-to-end experience of contract management and sourcing processes, using your people and leadership skills to successfully manage procurement professionals in an agile working environment. You’ll also bring the following with you:
- Specific experience in the sourcing, procurement and supply chain management of IT systems and engineering technology
- Experience of supplier selection, auditing and assessing suppliers
- An understanding of procurement principles around effective category and change management
- Ability to articulate ideas and strategies a wide audience
- Valid UK driving license and access to your own vehicle
We’re looking for people who don’t settle for ‘good enough’ and push things forward. If you’ve just found yourself thinking, ‘I’d love to do this’, we want to hear from you. Let’s change it up.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our people have a wide range of experiences and perspectives – and it’s this diversity of thought that makes us who we are.
CityFibre is working hard to change up the telecoms industry. This means we’re committed to providing equal opportunities to people from all backgrounds and commitments, including your carer and family status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, gender and gender identity. We’re also offering training programmes and placement opportunities to support the skilled, career changers, service-leavers, and returning workers to become part of our teams.
If there’s any additional support or adjustment you require in the application process to help you achieve your best, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com. We’re here to support you in changing up your career.