- London, England
Senior Economic Advisor
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
Our goal at CityFibre is to unlock the digital potential of Britain by creating a broadband network that works seamlessly for everyone, every day. Powerful, gigabit-speed connections that enable people across entire communities to enjoy life in full flow. To do this, we make sure that our people’s voices are heard, their ideas are welcomed, and everyone is given the opportunity to make a real impact.
We encourage change, have a challenger mindset, foster innovation and nurture a welcoming, inclusive and supportive community. In this environment we allow you to bring your best-self to work every day, helping you to achieve your goals, grow your career and reach your full potential.
We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women; are endorsed by WORK180; have pledged our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant; and are a Disability Confident Employer. Working together with our Employee Networks, we’re committed to changing the industry for everyone.
What you can expect from us
Everyone at CityFibre has an important part to play, and we reflect that in our benefits. With a competitive salary depending on experience, when you join us, you’ll also enjoy 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We believe we deliver our best when we work together. It’s the way we do things, trusting and giving our people the autonomy to manage their own day-to-day, promoting wellbeing, whilst still prioritising time together with our colleagues to connect, collaborate and share our ideas.
How you’ll change it up
As a key member of our small regulatory team, you’ll be supporting the creation of credible arguments and supporting evidence to help further our business objectives. Day to day, this is some of what you can expect to be doing:
- Drafting formal consultation responses
- Deploying company data effectively as evidence in support of our regulatory activity
- Working on addressing barriers to fibre broadband product take-up by consumers
- Supporting the wider business with your analytical and economic insights and advice
- Leading specific workstreams, such as developing responses to Ofcom consultations and managing their periodic formal information requests
- Supporting the planning and execution of CityFibre’s engagement with Ofcom market reviews and investigations
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll have proven experience of working on regulatory and competition matters, as well as the ability to contextualise economic analysis, providing practical solutions. You’ll also bring the following with you to the role:
- An economics qualification to at least degree level (or a closely related discipline)
- The ability to contextualise economic analysis and provide practical solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and lead the delivery of complex economic analysis
- Strong commercial accumen
- The confidence to speak, present and brief in a variety of scenarios, to internal and external audiences
We’re looking for people who don’t settle for ‘good enough’ and push things forward. If you’ve just found yourself thinking, ‘I’d love to do this’, we want to hear from you. Let’s change it up.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our people have a wide range of experiences and perspectives – and it’s this diversity of thought that makes us who we are.
CityFibre is working hard to change up the telecoms industry. This means we’re committed to providing equal opportunities to people from all backgrounds and commitments, including your carer and family status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, gender and gender identity. We’re also offering training programmes and placement opportunities to support the skilled, career changers, service-leavers, and returning workers to become part of our teams.
If there’s any additional support or adjustment you require in the application process to help you achieve your best, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to support you in changing up your career.