- Data & Architecture
- Milton Keynes, England
Solution Architect Lead #
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
Job Description #
Telecoms experience is essential for this role.
Our goal at CityFibre is to unlock the digital potential of Britain by creating a broadband network that works seamlessly for everyone, every day. Powerful, gigabit-speed connections that enable people across entire communities to enjoy life in full flow. To do this, we make sure that our people’s voices are heard, their ideas are welcomed, and everyone is given the opportunity to make a real impact.
We encourage change, have a challenger mindset, foster innovation and nurture a welcoming, inclusive and supportive community. In this environment we allow you to bring your best-self to work every day, helping you to achieve your goals, grow your career and reach your full potential.
We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women; are endorsed by WORK180; have pledged our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant; and are a Disability Confident Employer. Working together with our Employee Networks, we’re committed to changing the industry for everyone.
What you can expect from us
Everyone at CityFibre has an important part to play, and we reflect that in our benefits. With a competitive salary depending on experience + a car allowance, when you join us, you’ll also enjoy 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We believe we deliver our best when we work together. It’s the way we do things, trusting and giving our people the autonomy to manage their own day-to-day, promoting wellbeing, whilst still prioritising time together with our colleagues to connect, collaborate and share our ideas.
How you’ll change it up
As our Lead Solution Architect, you’ll manage, support and mentor a small team of Solution Architects and Senior Solution Engineers to drive solution design and best practice. You’ll help to define, evolve and communicate the enterprise architecture strategy, as well as identifying and highlighting architectural risk and recommendations for mitigations. Day to day, this is some of what you can expect to be doing:
- Working with Enterprise Architects and business stakeholders to capture, maintain and evolve the current state architecture as it relates to service assurance
- Aligning the business and technology strategies and processes – you’ll document this using architectural models or views
- Managing or assisting the delivery of technical solutions that provide business advantage through effective right time, right cost, and right solution design
- Evaluating internal functions, systems, business strategies and IT process to find improvements so that they support CityFibre’s future strategies and goals
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll have a background in telecoms and development, using your skills and experience to help us find effective solutions and lead and mentor a team (of at least five or more) to perform at their best. You’ll also bring the following:
- Ability to use telecoms, IT and enterprise architecture best practice methodologies, processes, functions, and data maps
- Proven experience working with complex system integration projects
- Experience of reverse engineering undocumented legacy systems and software, including data models
- Skilled in collaborating with business stakeholders and development teams to understand requirements on both sides to provide well documented, quality designs and solutions
We’re looking for people who don’t settle for ‘good enough’ and push things forward. If you’ve just found yourself thinking, ‘I’d love to do this’, we want to hear from you. Let’s change it up.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our people have a wide range of experiences and perspectives – and it’s this diversity of thought that makes us who we are.
CityFibre is working hard to change up the telecoms industry. This means we’re committed to providing equal opportunities to people from all backgrounds and commitments, including your carer and family status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, gender and gender identity. We’re also offering training programmes and placement opportunities to support the skilled, career changers, service-leavers, and returning workers to become part of our teams.
Additional Information #
If there’s any additional support or adjustment you require in the application process to help you achieve your best, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com. We’re here to support you in changing up your career.