- IBT - SW
- Bath, England
Area Commercial Manager
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
There will be regional travel required as part of this role.
Our goal at CityFibre is to unlock the digital potential of Britain by creating a broadband network that works seamlessly for everyone, every day. Powerful, gigabit-speed connections that enable people across entire communities to enjoy life in full flow. To do this, we make sure that our people’s voices are heard, their ideas are welcomed, and everyone is given the opportunity to make a real impact.
We encourage change, have a challenger mindset, foster innovation and nurture a welcoming, inclusive and supportive community. In this environment we allow you to bring your best-self to work every day, helping you to achieve your goals, grow your career and reach your full potential.
We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women; are endorsed by WORK180; have pledged our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant; and are a Disability Confident Employer. Working together with our Employee Networks, we’re committed to changing the industry for everyone.
What you can expect from us
Everyone at CityFibre has an important part to play, and we reflect that in our benefits. With a competitive salary depending on experience + a car allowance, when you join us, you’ll also enjoy 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We believe we deliver our best when we work together. It’s the way we do things, trusting and giving our people the autonomy to manage their own day-to-day, promoting wellbeing, whilst still prioritising time together with our colleagues to connect, collaborate and share our ideas.
How you’ll change it up
Working as one of our Area Commercial Managers, you’ll support the commercial and contractual management of a portfolio of telecoms projects which will include new build, city enhancement projects and field service frameworks. You’ll be ensuring that our operations and service delivery are fully protected under the contract terms and comply with the relevant statutory requirements e.g., Construction Act. Day to day, this is what you can expect to be doing:
- Managing the commercial resources of your assigned projects, from planned expenditure through to placement of control of contracts
- Supporting the authorisation and submission of project variations
- Assessing, reviewing and mitigating commercial and contractual risks
- Providing commercial and contractual expertise to contracts, including producing and submitting valuation certification, drafting and issuing correspondence, claims, budget monitoring and producing contract/workstream performance data
- Providing robust, timely and accurate cost and value data at both project and regional level
- Coaching, developing and mentoring junior members of the team
What you’ll bring to the role
It’s important that you have solid experience in commercial management and the procurement of contractors, with working knowledge of NEC3 ECC forms. Ideally, you’ll have a background in telecoms, civil engineering or utilities. You’ll also bring some of the following to the role with you:
- The ability to negotiate with suppliers and partners
- Experience using spreadsheets to interpret and collate financial data
- Presentation and report writing skills
- HNC/HND level education, or equivalent
- An analytical and numerical mind and the ability to identify and resolve problems
We’re looking for people who don’t settle for ‘good enough’ and push things forward. If you’ve just found yourself thinking, ‘I’d love to do this’, we want to hear from you. Let’s change it up.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our people have a wide range of experiences and perspectives – and it’s this diversity of thought that makes us who we are.
CityFibre is working hard to change up the telecoms industry. This means we’re committed to providing equal opportunities to people from all backgrounds and commitments, including your carer and family status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, gender and gender identity. We’re also offering training programmes and placement opportunities to support the skilled, career changers, service-leavers, and returning workers to become part of our teams.
If there’s any additional support or adjustment you require in the application process to help you achieve your best, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to support you in changing up your career.