- Network Operations Centre
- Irlam, England
NOC Operations Engineer 24/7
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
Please note that this role will be based in our Telford office.
We’re changing it up
We’re on a mission to build the UK’s finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain’s potential. Together, we’re achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That’s why we’ve created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We’re changing up Britain and we’re changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK.
A rewarding career
Please note this is a 24/7 opportunity (8-8, 4 On 4 Off) and it will include a shift allowance in addition to the salary stated below.
We’re passionate about our work and we’re passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £44,000 depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How can you change it up?
As one of our 24/7 NOC Engineers, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring that we are constantly maximising the network performance for our customers through efficient monitoring, troubleshooting, scheduling of upgrades and network optimisation.
You’ll also be;
- Establishing the networking environment by carrying out system configuration and system installation while defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Participating in the design and implementation of new solutions for CityFibre, resellers and customers and improving the resilience of the current environment
- Ensuring that all events for installation, maintenance or faults are logged into the ticketing system with all the required information
- Participating in the design and implementation of new solutions for resellers and customers, improving the resilience of the current environment
- Reviewing and updating all the NOC documentation as needed
What will you bring to the role?
We are looking for a hard-working network engineering individual who has experience working in data centre environments and 1st/2nd line network support. You must have a strong working knowledge of Cisco IOS, IP, BGP and any associated routing protocols. Alongside this, you must have experience working in an ISP or field engineering environment. You'll also need a CCNA qualification and be familiar with basic command-line scripting.
It'll be ideal if you have:
- Previous experience working 24/7 shift patterns, including overnight shifts
- Experience managing small projects
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- The ability to remain professional and focused under pressure
Our unique culture
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we’re united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we’re passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.
Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.