- Architecture and Engineering
- Irlam, England
Senior Network Access Engineer
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
Building a new, full fibre network has never been more exciting, so don’t miss an opportunity to work for the 2nd largest Fibre network in the UK. Our Network Build teams are revitalising an industry – they’re the ones connecting the dots and assuring the build. They work with cutting-edge technologies and the brightest minds in their field to build a legacy for future generations. They can say the digital map of the UK, is something they’ve created. This is your chance to say you were a part of its creation too.
We think smart, act fast, always back each other and give everything our best. We’re building a legacy, that’s the CityFibre Way. There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the Network Build team at CityFibre.
A rewarding career
If you’re going to be changing it up, you deserve to be looked after. That’s why we’re offering a salary of up to £80,000 depending on experience. On top of that, you’ll be able to enjoy plenty of benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare to name just a few.
How can you change it up?
We’re looking for the right mindset, enthusiasm and eagerness to develop your skills. If you think you’re right for the role, we want to hear from you.
As our Senior Network Engineer you will be responsible for our Active Access network components, including PON (GPON, XGS-PON. NGPON-2 etc.) and Ethernet (1G, 10G etc.) technologies, ensuring solutions are delivered at pace in a standard, scalable, and secure manner. Day to day, this is what you can expect to be doing:
- Interpreting internal or external business requirements and recommends solutions
- Solving complex problems; taking a broad perspective to identify solutions
- Identifying applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
- Serve as an expert the function, leveraging specialised subject matter expertise
- Leading functional teams or projects and serve as a best practice and quality resource
What will you bring to the role?
A love for problem solving, planning and a keen eye for detail are a key part of this role. You will bring some of the below to CityFibre with you:
- Specialist depth and breadth of network engineering expertise, especially Ethernet and PON based networks of scale
- Excellent understanding of layer 2 and 3 technologies, with focus on CoS and QoS, MPLS, and TCP/IP
- Experience of mixed vendor environments, product life cycle, and technology migrations
If you’ve just found yourself nodding and thinking, ‘I can do that!’, things are about to get exciting.
Our unique culture
So that’s the role, now let us tell you a bit more about life at CityFibre. We’ve built a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace that offers anyone the chance to grow a new career. We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women, have partnerships with Work180, Vercida and Disability Confidence, just to name a few – it inspires us day-to-day. The foundations of our teams are rooted in respect, development and continuous support. Our people are already changing it up, are you ready to join them?
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.