- Architecture and Engineering
- Liverpool, England
FEX Construction Civils Supervisor FTC
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
There will be frequent regional travel required as part of this role.
We’re changing it up
We’re on a mission to build the UK’s finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain’s potential. Together, we’re achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That’s why we’ve created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We’re changing up Britain and we’re changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK.
A rewarding career
We’re passionate about our work and we’re passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £58,500 depending on experience + a car allowance, when you join the CityFibre family you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How can you change it up?
You’ll join a team responsible for delivering the civils construction of a national datacentre deployment programme, overseeing both the civils and build activities on our Fibre Exchanges (FEX).
Day to day, this is what you can expect to be doing:
- Attending and chairing installation pre-start meetings with designers, contractors and safety specialists
- Liaising with civils contractors to agree variations
- Checking and agreeing percentages for work complete on monthly payment applications
- Providing written weekly updates for all sites in progress
- Undertaking quality audit checks on each site and completing reports, actioning all non-conformances and arranging safety audits with our SHE team as needed
- Attending acceptance and handover meeting with civils contractors
What will you bring to the role?
You’ll have proven experience in a similar construction role, a background in supervising people and projects, and be comfortable with the main aspects of constructing greenfield and warehouse telecoms pop sites. We’re also looking for the following:
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of construction standards and legislation, and relevant health and safety standards including CDM
- Supervisory experience, or working knowledge of formwork and falsework
- Experience producing and/or managing Q&A and ITP’s
- CSCS card and either an SSTS or SMTS card
- Full driving license
Our unique culture
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we’re united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we’re passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.
Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.