- Milton Keynes, England
Senior Legal Counsel
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
As the fastest-growing fibre network in the UK, you could say we’re changing things up. Not only are we unlocking the digital potential of an entire nation, but we’re also constantly evolving, to give our people the most seamless employee experience possible. We’re doing this by creating a sense of purpose among our teams and offering career development opportunities the like of which has never been seen before. We’re a company that cares about people, places and new possibilities. Could this be the fresh start you’re looking for?
A rewarding career
If you’re going to be changing it up, you deserve to be looked after. That’s why we’re offering a competitive salary. On top of that, you’ll be able to enjoy plenty of benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare to name just a few.
How can you change it up?
You’ll be joining our growing Legal team (headed up by former Ofcom General Counsel, Polly Weitzman) at an exiting point in CityFibre’s journey, working across all areas of the business to provide expert advice and support, protect our reputation and help shape our legal offering.
Day to day, this is what you can expect to be doing as a Senior Legal Counsel:
- Acting as a key senior legal point of contact in the business, establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and with other senior members of the Legal team
- Providing accurate, effective and timely legal advice on strategic issues and implications, including risk awareness and mitigation
- Responsibility for a key portfolio of transactional and commercial requirements, with a particular focus on drafting, reviewing and negotiating B2B customer contracts
- Influencing and assisting in discussions with colleagues to ensure the best legal solution to meet objectives
- Managing external advisers supporting on key matters and escalating and communicating advice appropriately internally
- Ensuring quality and consistency of output across the legal team (organising workflow and quality control, setting templates).
- Line management responsibilities including coaching and mentoring
If you’ve just found yourself nodding and thinking, ‘I can do that!’, things are about to get exciting.
What will you bring to the role?
This is your opportunity to join us on our ambitious journey, using your skills and experience to really make an impact from day one and helping our teams to transform communities across the UK.
You’ll be a qualified and experienced Solicitor who has excellent communication and drafting skills, as well as the ability to effectively prioritise a busy workload to meet deadlines and adapt to the evolving needs of the business.
We’re also looking for you to have good experience leading high value and complex contract negotiations.
Any exposure to the digital, telecoms or infrastructure sectors would be a bonus!
Our unique culture
So that’s the role, now let us tell you a bit more about life at CityFibre. We’ve built a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace that offers anyone the chance to grow a new career. We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women, have partnerships with Work180, Vercida and Disability Confidence, just to name a few – it inspires us day-to-day. The foundations of our teams are rooted in respect, development and continuous support. Our people are already changing it up, are you ready to join them?
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.