- City Development
- Cambridge, England
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
This is a regional role covering Cambridge and Essex, so there will be travel required.
We're changing it up
Telecoms is fast becoming the most exciting industry to join. It offers the security you need and the chance to make an impact on your community. It’s an industry that’s growing fast, with no sign of slowing down. and CityFibre adopts the same mission for its employees and the communities they work in. We’re creating a life in full-flow. No drop-outs no flicking the switch on and off, we’re making lives easier for the people of the UK, and our people too.
If you’re thinking of applying for a role at CityFibre, you should know that we’re mainly only looking for two things – passion and potential. As the fastest growing fibre network in the UK, there’s never been a better time to join us.
A rewarding career
With a competitive salary (+ car allowance) depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How can you change it up?
We’re not looking for you to tick all the boxes, we’re looking for the right mindset and enthusiasm. If you think you’re right for the role, we want to hear from you.
Joining us as an Area Manager, you’ll be the public facing ambassador for CityFibre, providing strategic regional oversight and key stakeholder engagement to drive commercial success and enhance CityFibre’s reputation. Day to day, this is what you can expect to be doing:
- Acting as the local market expert with understanding of local demographics, competitor intelligence, large business parks and housing developments, local partners, key local events and relevant B2B organisations
- Influencing PR and communications in the area to improve awareness, engagement and sales
- Supporting the implementation of successful campaigns to drive consumer RFS and sales
- Ensuring the local reputation of CityFibre remains positive, overseeing crisis management as needed
- Collaborating with the Policy and Regulatory team to ensure alignment in messaging, supporting policy initiatives, and helping to maximise our position with MPs/MSPs and government officials
What will you bring to the role?
There are lots of things which make up a great Area Manager, but some of the things which will help to make sure you really thrive in this role and we’re hoping you can bring with you to CityFibre are:
- Experience in B2B account management
- Working knowledge and experience in local government
- Proven stakeholder management experience
- Telecoms market awareness
- A communications, marketing or PR background
- Media trained
If you’ve just found yourself nodding and thinking, ‘I can do that!’, things are about to get exciting.
Our unique culture
So that’s the role, now let us tell you a bit more about life at CityFibre. We’ve built a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace that offers anyone the chance to grow a new career. We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women, have partnerships with Work180, Vercida and Disability Confidence, just to name a few – it inspires us day-to-day. The foundations of our teams are rooted in respect, development and continuous support. Our people are already changing it up, are you ready to join them?
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.