- Systems and Development
- Milton Keynes, England
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
We’re changing it up
We’re on a mission to build the UK’s finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain’s potential. Together, we’re achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That’s why we’ve created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We’re changing up Britain and we’re changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK.
A rewarding career
We’re passionate about our work and we’re passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £75,000 depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How can you change it up?
By joining our systems and development team, you’ll help us to define and communicate the structure and dynamics of a solution that meets the needs of key stakeholders. You will identify and highlight architectural risks and provide recommendations for migrating them.
By working closely with our Enterprise Architects and development teams, you will help evolve the architecture based on IT best practices and through architectural prototyping. You can also expect to assist our agile delivery teams to work effectively through a clear understanding of the separation of concerns and system dependencies. Some of your other key responsibilities will include:
- Producing business data entities which provides a view of the master application for a business entity and the user applications for the business entities in various capacity
- Working within established Data principles, models of governance and data policies with key IT and business stakeholders
- Collaborating with the data architecture team to deliver innovative and pragmatic Enterprise Data Models in line with business needs
- Evaluating internal functions, systems, business strategies, and IT processes and then finding ways to improve these
- Taking responsibility for producing the conceptual, logical, physical, and dimensional data modes to store the data CityFibre databases, lakes, and warehouse
What will you bring to the role?
We are looking for a data modeller who comes from a software modelling background. Ideally, you will have experience working in telecom services. You should understand a broad range of Data Management disciplines. In addition to this, we are looking for someone who can easily converse with and translate between non-technical stakeholders and technical practitioners. You must have experience with conceptual, logical, and physical data models. Alongside this, you will also have:
- Solid working knowledge of OSS/BSS Data models
- Familiarity with working with complex enterprise data platform
- Proficient working experience in Modern cloud-based data architecture
- Experience in snowflake and AWS data services
Our unique culture
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we’re united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we’re passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.
Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.