- IBT - Midlands
- Leicester, England
Regional SHE Manager
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
We’re changing it up
We’re on a mission to build the UK’s finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain’s potential. Together, we’re achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That’s why we’ve created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We’re changing up Britain and we’re changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK.
A rewarding career
We’re passionate about our work and we’re passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £60,000 + car allowance depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How can you change it up?
As our Regional SHE Manager, you'll have responsibility for ensuring compliance in matters of Safety, Health and Environment for the safe delivery of construction works (civil and fibre) within an area consisting of several towns and cities, budgeting between £50 and £300 million.
You will be leading change by example and working collaboratively to meet all the demands of the position, as well as leading a team of SHE Business Partners and providing SHE strategic direction to the project, design, and technical teams.
Some of your other responsibilities include:
- Managing and supporting a team of Regional SHE Business Partners to achieve SMART objectives
- Establishing and maintaining peer to peer relationships with Build Partners ensuring that lessons learned are implemented and continuous improvement is driven
- Designing and developing the standards and contractual KPI’s for Build Partners and Contractors
- Leading and strengthening the CityFibre Incident Review Board and establishing an appropriate mechanism for embedding lessons learn
What will you bring to the role?
Experience leading a team of SHE professionals, effective communication, an analytic mindset and informed problem solving will all form part of your key skill set, but you'll also need:
- A higher-level qualification in Occupational Health & Safety e.g., NCRQ Diploma, NEBOSH Diploma
- A Chartered Professional Membership – CMIOSH
- Extensive relevant experience in SHE across major infrastructure and engineering projects, particularly in civil infrastructure and the telecommunications industry
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- A full driver’s license that is valid in the UK
You’ll have the chance to really put your own stamp on the role, using your skills and experience to lead and inspire a team, drive results and make an impact from day one.
Our unique culture
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we’re united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we’re passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.
Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today!
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.