- Customer Field Ops - Install Engineer
- Aberdeen, Scotland
Customer Field Engineer
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
Please note we are hiring across the UK.
We’re changing it up
We’re on a mission to build the UK’s finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain’s potential. Together, we’re achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That’s why we’ve created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We’re changing up Britain and we’re changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK.
A rewarding career
We’re passionate about our work and we’re passionate about our people too. With a competitive salary when you join the CityFibre family, you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How can you change it up?
As our Customer Field Engineer, you’ll be part of an on-call rota providing industry-leading emergency response for network/customer issues and faults. You’ll be a crucial member of our team, assisting with customer-focused installations and maintenance of full-fibre connections to residential and business properties. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with ‘on the day’ issues that would otherwise prevent successful completion of tasks impacting right first time
- Resolving service incidents/escalations to a successful outcome in a professional and timely manner
- Completing minor civil activities (private and public) repairs on our network and PIA network
- Including reinstatement to industry standards (NRSWA certification 1 to 9 – training and certification will be provided)
- Embracing continuous improvement supporting the organisation with installation problem solving
What will you bring to the role?
We are looking for a motivated candidate with extensive experience and knowledge of fibre, including network build, FTTx installation, fibre blowing and fibre splicing. You’ll be confident in ensuring that site operations are carried out to a high standard, to the relevant specification and within QHSE and NRSWA guidelines and regulations.
- You’ll also need:
- NRSWA Certification minimal level Unit 2 & 10
- NRSWA Certification minimal level Unit 2
- SA001 and SA002 Smart Awards
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage with members of the public and other interested stakeholders
Our unique culture
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we’re united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we’re passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.
Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.