- IBT - Scotland & NE
- Newcastle upon Tyne, England
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
We’re changing it up
We’re on a mission to build the UK’s finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain’s potential. Together, we’re achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That’s why we’ve created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We’re changing up Britain and we’re changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK.
A rewarding career
We’re passionate about our work and we’re passionate about our people too. With a salary of Up to £45,000 depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a car allowance, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How can you change it up?
Our Quantity Surveyors play a vital role in delivering digital infrastructure across the UK by building strong, collaborative relationships with our build partners and teams, ensuring a smooth process and maximum quality across every build. Working as part of our Supply Chain division, you will focus on either one city or multiple cities, managing the commercial resources of your assigned build, mitigating risks, maintaining relationships and ultimately, protecting CityFibre both contractually and commercially. You’ll also;
- Value contractors’ work and certify interim and final payments
- Assess and authorise submission of project variations
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks through implementing our policies for risk management
- Provide commercial and contractual expertise to city build teams, including producing valuation certification, issuing correspondence, claims, budget monitoring and producing contract/workstream performance data
- Building and maintaining contractual relationships with build partners
What will you bring to the role?
Quantity Surveyors are key players when it comes to commercial and contractual decisions, so you’ll need solid experience in commercial management and procuring contractors, working knowledge of NEC3 ECC forms plus;
- The ability to negotiate with suppliers and partners
- Experience with using spreadsheets to interpret and collate financial data
- Presentation and report writing skills
- HNC/HND level education, or equivalent
- Ideally, a background in telecoms, civil engineering or utilities
Our unique culture
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we’re united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we’re passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.
Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.