- IBT - North
- Bolton, England
Fibre Network Planner
CityFibre provides wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
We’re changing up Britain
We’re on a mission to build the UK’s finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain’s potential. There’s never been a more exciting time to join the CityFibre family. We’re accelerating towards a full fibre future and delivering Gigabit Cities right across the UK. We’re changing up Britain’s digital infrastructure, boosting the economy, connecting communities and leaving a legacy for future generations.
A rewarding career
We’re passionate about our work and we’re passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £39,563 depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, car allowance, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How can you change it up?
Once our fibre network is designed, it needs to be taken out onto the field to ensure it will be fast and functional. We’re looking for creative Fibre Network Planner that can interpret blueprints on-site, answer queries from the Contractors and authorities that help us to build. You’ll also assume accountability for the project management, collaborating with our Designers to deliver the best broadband possible. In addition, you’ll;
- Be responsible for the management and governance of works in compliance with guidelines and code of practice
- Manage and advise on capacity within the Fibre In The Home city
- Help to develop, implement and champion CityFibre network elements
- Improve network capacity monitoring and operational excellence, utilising automation and AI to drive a lean operating model
- Forecast Capital Expenses and Operating Expenses for designed infrastructure projects
What will you bring to the role?
Known internally as a City Planner, you’ll be a planning expert for civil routes and fibre, understanding Fibre In The Home designs. With your solution-orientated approach, you’ll drive improvements across our team and cultivate key relationships, contributing to the success of our network. You’ll also have;
- Experience in manipulating data and metadata underpinning a fibre design
- Knowledge of Diversionary works code of practice and its application
- Ability to produce detailed industry-standard level of survey, installation and as-built documentation
- Understanding of long-distance fibre networks, Comsof FibrePlanIT and GE Smallworld software
- Driving license
- NRSWA accreditation to supervisor level would be beneficial
Our unique culture
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we’re united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we’re passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.
Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.