We’re changing it up
We’re on a mission to build the UK’s finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain’s potential. Together, we’re achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That’s why we’ve created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We’re changing up Britain and we’re changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK.
A rewarding career
We’re passionate about our work and we’re passionate about our people too. With a competitive salary depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How can you change it up?
This is an exciting new role within our Service Operations team, taking responsibility across a region for the governance and field-based audit activity to support an efficient City handover process. You’ll provide a key linkage between delivery and operational functions to maximize “right first time” end customer fibre network installations, supporting the identification of performance trends and areas of focus for Continuous Improvement.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Completing field-based audit and reporting of all aspects of physical build and documentation quality, to drive improvements in “right first time” (RFT) customer installations
- Protecting Network Operations integrity by quality gating
- Providing additional insight to feed into Build Continuous Improvement
- Assuring data accuracy and integrity to drive consistent forecasting at scale
- Reviewing properties at ‘Limit of Construction’ (LOC) status, including business premises, at all stages of the process
What will you bring to the role?
You’ll have experience of OSP Telecoms Network Builds, some utilities supervisory experience and a full driving license with the flexibility to travel to different builds across the North, as required. It’s also important to have;
- NRSWA/Highways Experience
- Knowledge of Blown and Traditional Cable installation techniques
- Intermediate in MS Office (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Our unique culture
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we’re united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we’re passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.
Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.