We’re changing it up
We’re on a mission to build the UK’s finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain’s potential. Together, we’re achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That’s why we’ve created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We’re changing up Britain and we’re changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK.
A rewarding career
We’re passionate about our work and we’re passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £55,000 depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How can you change it up?
We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager to join CityFibre and become a key member of the City Leadership team, leading the project management of a Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH) project to ensure its delivery to set milestones. This role is the primary reporting function of the project, regularly reporting to senior management on progress, risks, issues and mitigation actions, as well as tracking the delivery against key performance metrics such as the number of ready for service homes and contractor productivity.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for the transparent and accurate reporting of the overall status and performance of the city or project into the wider business
- Enabling the team to deliver on time and to budget through a robust, high quality management process – covering risk mitigation and forecasting
- Providing accurate weekly reporting on progress, risks encountered and/or forecasted, costs incurred to date, capturing WIP (including risk estimations and forecasted cost to complete)
- Setting priorities for the project to achieve the successful completion of set milestones, whilst ensuring that KPI’s such as time, cost and quality are being achieved
- Identifying at the earliest opportunity any risks to delivering the budget, supplier and/or overhead cost impacting upon the project
What will you bring to the role?
You’ll have strong experience working as a Project Manager and a proven track record in delivering medium to large multi-site client projects, managing capital budgets extending to £20m. You’ll also have;
- Experience of recognised project management methodology
- Good understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks
- Ability to confidently present to senior management, clients and stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Full clean driving license
Our unique culture
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we’re united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we’re passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.
Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.