Please note that you must be able to travel to London and Telford once a week.
We’re changing it up
We’re on a mission to build the UK’s finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain’s potential. Together, we’re achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That’s why we’ve created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We’re changing up Britain and we’re changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK.
A rewarding career
We’re passionate about our work and we’re passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £130,000 depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How can you change it up?
As our Commercial Financial Director, you will be driving the financial and commercial performance across our business by guiding a dynamic and proactive function that is at the heart of CityFibre. As part of this role, you will be responsible for various business cases and supporting decisions for different initiatives and sales opportunities, ensuring that they are aligned with our strategic objectives.
You will be working closely with key stakeholders to identify appropriate strategies and actions for future implications of our current performance, ensuring that the correct course of action is taken. You will also be providing crucial financial oversight and control of our investment plans, driving and reporting performance as needed.
Some of your other key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering clear performance analysis and insights
- Validating and challenging key inputs into the company’s strategic plans through the long-range plan process
- Using available tools (e.g., data warehouse, Salesforce) to maximise the quality and depth of analysis undertaken, playing a key role in influencing and prioritising further developments in business-wide data or analysis tools
- Providing critically assessed guidance and inputs into the long-range business plan and considering key sensitivities required
- Focusing and reforming the continuous improvement process within the finance function to ensure that CityFibre stays ahead of the game
What will you bring to the role?
We are looking for a result-orientated candidate who has extensive experience in commercial finance across a variety of dynamic, fast-paced environments. You need to demonstrate a clear track record of identifying the need for change and implementing this effectively and efficiently. You will also need to be commercially astute, showcasing strong influencing skills with stakeholders at all levels. You must possess a critical eye to quickly identify and solve various issues. In addition to this, you will need:
- Experience in providing high-quality financial insight
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A strategic approach with the ability to think about both the long-term and short-term priorities
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities whilst working to tight deadlines
Our unique culture
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we’re united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we’re passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.
Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.