You can be based in Irlam or Milton Keynes for this role.
We’re changing it up
We’re on a mission to build the UK’s finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain’s potential. Together, we’re achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That’s why we’ve created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We’re changing up Britain and we’re changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK.
A rewarding career
We’re passionate about our work and we’re passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £77,000 depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How can you change it up?
Our Active Network Engineering function plays a vital role in delivering meaningful, reliable solutions that provide our customers with best-in-class digital infrastructure and superfast broadband. As we continue to deliver our full fibre networks at pace across the UK, we’re looking for a Senior Network Core Engineer to join our team, helping us to rapidly scale and maintain our network to achieve our strategic 2025 vision.
You’ll be responsible for CityFibre’s Active Backbone Network, including MPLS and Ethernet (up to 400G) technologies, ensuring solutions are delivered at pace in a standard, scalable and secure manner.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Interpreting internal or external business requirements and recommending solutions
- Solving complex problems by taking a broad perspective to identify solutions
- Identifying applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
- Serving as an expert within your own function, leveraging specialised subject matter expertise
- Leading functional teams or projects in an Agile manner and serving as a best practice
What will you bring to the role?
We are looking for an experienced candidate who has a proven track record in carrier-grade service provider (ISP). You’ll have specialist depth and breadth of network engineering expertise, especially MPLS and multi-vendor-based networks of scale. You’ll also need;
- A mixture of Juniper Junos OS and Nokia SR OS skills
- Excellent understanding of layer 2 and 3 technologies including Ethernet, MPLS, LDP, IS-IS, COS and QoS, BGP, and TCP/IP
- Experience with full design and service/solution life cycle, producing high quality technical documentation including Project Plans, High Level Designs (HLD) and Low-Level Designs (LLD), and technology migrations
- Highly developed analytical skills, able to demonstrate the ability to lead technical discussions and influence technical strategy
- Exposure to automation frameworks and tools such as NETCONF, Ansible and GIT
Our unique culture
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we’re united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we’re passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.
Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.