Managing & monitoring
We manage our environmental responsibilities systematically and are committed to maintaining our ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management system certification, along with other business management systems.
Our carbon emissions 2018 – 2020
|2018 (tCO2e)||2019 (tCO2e)||2020 (tCO2e)|
|Scope 2 (location based)||342||521||1664|
|Total (location based)||887||1777||2980|
|Carbon intensity (tCO2e/FTE)||1.9||2.5||2.6|
*Scope 3 includes employee cars, flights, rail, public transport, taxi, paper, waste, electricity (transmission and distribution)
- Upstream transport and distribution and downstream transport and distribution are not applicable to CityFibre
- CityFibre’s reporting year runs from 1st January to 31st December.
- All 2020 emissions have been calculated using the Defra 2020 emissions factors.
We adopt an ‘operational control’ approach to defining our organisational boundary. Our greenhouse gas accounting and reporting follows the principles of relevance, completeness, consistency, accuracy and transparency. These principles have been applied when collecting, reviewing and verifying the data – ahead of performing the greenhouse gas emission calculations in scope 1 and 2 as well as selected scope 3. These principles are in accordance with the requirements of the following:
- World Resources Institute (WRI) Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol Corporate Standard (revised version)
- Defra’s Environmental Reporting Guidelines: Including Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting requirements, March 2019.